- I’ve earned a Summa Cum Laude B.F.A. in Graphic Design and Illustration and two separate M.F.A.’s in Ceramics and Printmaking.
- Served as Chief Corporate Graphic Designer for the largest independent real estate company in Palm Beach County handling the design needs of 600+ agents.
- Professor 1 and Dept. Chair of Graphic Design and Fine Arts at Palm Beach State College, Lake Worth
Master of Fine Art
• Printmaking, University of Miami, Honors.
Master of Fine Art
• Ceramics Art History minor, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, Honors. Student Senate and President Fine Art Student Association
Bachelor of Fine Art
• Summa Cum Laude: Graphic Design/ Illustration, minor Art History, University of Miami.
Associate in Arts
• Highest Honors: 4.0 GPA, Miami Dade College.
Professor 1, Fine Arts and Graphic Design, Palm Beach State College
• Department Chair Fine Art & Graphic Design
• Teaching studio art and graphic design courses.
Corporate Graphic Designer(Marketing Director & Art Director)
Illustrated Properties Real Estate, Palm Beach Gardens, 2004 – 2007.
• Corporate Graphic Design for 600+ Realtors. Building all design assets including property signs, templates for all brochures, business cards, postcards, property flyers, ads, information sheets, etc.
• Re branding the company from new logo to new colors, typefaces.
• Responsible for creating all print and web designs. Worked with local and national newspapers and magazines.
While I was there the company achieved over $1 Billion in sales.
• Hobbs Herder training for real estate marketing.
Self Employed Artist Freelance Artist
Fine Art & Graphic Design Clients
• Eissey Campus Theatre: Palm Beach Gardens, FL. 2016 – current all marketing materials.
• Duncan Theatre: Lake Worth, FL. 2015- current all marketing.
• The Dancers’ Space marketing
• Port of Palm Beach – Tradeshow components and marketing materials.
• Rooney’s Family (Pittsburgh Steelers) created artwork, menus, signs and beer labels for Pubs.
• Created mural for Palm Beach County Visitor Center.
• Renderings and ads appear in publications such as: Christie’s Great Estates and Sotheby’s.
• New York State Trapper Stamp.
Adjunct College Professor
University of Miami, Florida International University, International Fine Arts College, Miami Dade College, Palm Beach Community College, Lighthouse Center for Arts.
• Palm Beach Homes & Lifestyles, My mural was featured on the cover of the May/June 2007 issue with an accompanying feature write up.
• NICHE Awards Finalist, 2007, Philadelphia, PA.
• Luxury Portfolio: International Design Award. First Place: Business Cards & Letterhead, Second Place: General Marketing for Graphic Design.
2013 Mural Commons Palm Beach State College
2008 The Venue, London, England
2008 Slainte- Public House, Boynton Beach, FL
2005 Dr Wael Garine, Jupiter, FL
2004 T P Houlihan’s, Ft. Myers, FL
2001-2005 Rooney’s – Owners Pittsburgh Steelers
2004 Kingston’s Irish Times, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 2003 Brogues on the Avenue, Lake Worth, FL
2001 Palm Beach Visitors Bureau, Palm Beach, Florida.
2018 Florida Craft Art: Dolls and where they live.
2017 Morgan Contemporary Glass Gallery, 11 Teapot!, Pittsburgh, PA
2015- current JF Gallery, West Palm Beach, FL
2017 Twin Cups, St. Joseph, MO
2008-current Florida Craftsmen , St. Petersburg, FL
2012-current Artisans on the Avenue, Lake Worth, FL
2016 Z. Smith Reynolds Library of Wake Forest University (Rare books collection), NC
2016 Bugging Out: Piedmont Craftsmen, Winston-Salem, NC
2015 Artists of Art Salons Exhibition: Armory Art Center Annex, Lake Worth, Florida
2014 Atelier Gallery, Charlston, SC
2014 NIADA Show and Sale, Orlando, FL
2014 Workhouse Exhibition, Clayworks, Lorton, VA
2014 Bark Exhibition, Eissey Campus Gallery, PBG, FL 2013 Tampa International Airport, installation
2013 Small Favors, Philadelphia, PA
2013 All Doll’d Up, St. Petersburg, FL
2013 Pence Gallery, Home Exhibition, Davis, CA
2013 12 x 12 Exhibition, MTSU, Murfreesboro TN
2012 The Clay Studio, Philadelphia, PA
2012 Bamboo Beach Gallery, Stuart, FL
2011-13 Piedmont Craftsmen, Winston-Salem, NC
2011 Hot & Humid, in conjunction with NCECA
2010-13 Dixie Art Loft, West Palm Beach, FL
2009-13 Clay Glass Metal Stone,, Lake Worth, FL
2009 Eaton Fine Art, West Palm Beach, FL
2008 Present Global Gallery, West Palm Beach, FL 2008-2013 The Craft Gallery, West Palm Beach, FL 2009 LK Mix Gallery, West Palm Beach, FL
2007 Project Space, Art Miami, Miami, FL
2007 Beaux Art Festival, Miami, FL
2007 NICHE Awards, Philadelphia, PA.
2006 – 2007 Studio E, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
2006 – 2007 Seldom Seen, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
2000-2006 Gallery 5, Tequesta, FL
2000- 2006 B. Hock Craft Gallery, S Miami, FL
2004 Christine Federighi: Group Exhibition, PBG, FL
2001-2003 Lighthouse Center for Art, Tequesta, FL
2000 Museum of Contemporary Art, North Miami, FL 2000 Southern Graphics Printmakers Conference, Miami, FL
1999 Harmony Isle Gallery, Fort Lauderdale, FL
1999 Seldom Seen Gallery, Fort Lauderdale, FL
1999 Metro Dade Cultural Center, Miami, FL
1999 Giorgio Armani; Back to Basics Exhibition, South Miami, FL
1999 Lowe Art Museum, Miami, FL
1998 Migraine Masterpieces, Carriage House Gallery, New York, NY
1996 Laumier Sculpture Park, St. Louis, MO
1996 MOCA, North Miami, FL
1994- 1995 Helander Gallery, Palm Beach, FL
1994- 1995 Florida Abstract Gallery, Palm Beach, FL 1994- 1995 Raleigh Gallery, Hollywood, FL
Rooney’s- (Pittsburgh Steelers)
Dr. Robert Montgomery, Palm Beach
Gerry Goldsmith, Palm Beach
Palm Beach County, Palm Beach, FL
Abbott Laboratories: Chicago, IL
National Headache Foundation: NY, NY
Giorgio Armani: (Armani Exchange)
The University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL
• Emboss Magazine, cover and feature article.
• Create Magazine, summer 2017
• Art Doll Quarterly: Spring 2017
• Art Doll Quarterly: Winter 2016
• Art Doll Quarterly: Spring 2016
• Dolls: August/September 2016
• Doll Master: Russia Spring 2016
• Art of the Contemporary Doll: Schiffer Publishing, 2015
• 500 Figures in Clay Volume 2, Lark Publishing, Asheville, NC 2013
• Art Doll Quarterly, Summer 2013, tutorial on sculpting Flower Girl Vase.
• Create Mixed Media.com (Northlight Publishing) Articles on marketing for artists. 2012- 2014.
• Art Doll Quarterly, tutorial; Sculpting an Angel of Love, Spring 2012.
• American Style Magazine, my artwork is featured in the Dixie Art Loft ads.
• Ceramics Ireland magazine, Issue 28, Winter 2011-12. • Art Doll Quarterly, Fall 2011 Featured Artist
• Voodoo Lounge; interview with Rice Zachary Freeman, June 2011
• St. Petersburg Times Art Review, July 2010
• Palm Beach Post– Review Food for Thought Exhibition, Eissey Gallery, Palm Beach Gardens, FL
• Ceramics Monthly, October 2008.
• INATS: Presented Seminar at International Trade Show, Web Design, Graphic Design and Marketing.
• Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL, January 26, 2008.
• 500 Handmade Dolls, Lark Publishing, Asheville, NC, 2008.
• Palm Beach Homes and Lifestyles: Cover story and feature article on one of my murals, 2007.
• The Body Invaders: Headaches. Discovery Health Channel: Big Rock Productions, 2001
• The Ceramic Design Book, Lark Publishing: Asheville, NC, 1998
• Elle Magazine, September, 1998
• WTVJ NBC Television, Migraine Masterpieces Art Exhibition, February 19, 1999
Freelancer’s Union, Graphic Design
AIGA (the professional association for design)
NIADA (the National Institute of American Doll Artists)
Dollmakers of Etsy Group
NCECA: National Council for Education in the Ceramic Arts
Ceramic League of the Palm Beaches
Phi Theta Kappa, National Honor Society
Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
Phi Rho Pi, National Honor Society for Forensics Golden Key National Honor Society
South Florida Woodworkers
I am a lucky person. I received academic scholarships for both my bachelor’s degree and two master’s degrees. A friend of mine once said “isn’t it funny how the harder you work the luckier you get?” It is true and I have worked hard, but when you have a career that you love it doesn’t always feel like work.
Prior to PBSC I worked as an adjunct professor at University of Miami, FIU, International Fine Arts College, Miami Dade College and Palm Beach Community College.
In between I worked as a corporate graphic designer where I created marketing materials for 600+ Real Estate Agents. At times it was so stressful, but it made me really really fast and I understand the importance of meeting deadline. When you have an ad due that cost the company $4000 it is never late. Period.
Today I still work as a graphic designer and artist because it’s my passion. I love everything about graphic design; typography, hatching concepts, and Photoshop (don’t get me started). Studio art is meditation and I appreciate how it’s for me and not a client.
When I am not in my office you can probably bet that I am in my studio or traveling. Being creative is my life.
My summers are spent recharging my battery and soaking up art . One of my favorite places on earth is London, England. What could be better than wandering the East End and looking at street art? (I know… a lot of stuff but humor me)
Above right is an image I snapped this summer. It’s amazing to round a corner and have a colorful piece of artwork staring back at you. The image above left is yours truly out in my kayak on a close runner up on favorite spots: the St. Lawrence River in upstate NY where I was lucky enough to be born and raised. It’s important to remember where you came from because that part of you always lives inside, no matter how old one gets.
While I travel I have to keep making art. Honestly, it’s my meditation. On airplane if you see a person with a sketchbook and watercolor set on their tray table… it could be me. Be sure to say hi.
You’ll always find a sketchbook, laptop (for digital art) and this summer I brought needle and thread in my carry-on luggage. I like the challenge of a limited supply list in my bag and discovering new things.
Above is a Frida Kahlo thread sketch I created while traveling. Above right is one of the many wild rabbits that surround my summer camp in northern New York. And just in case you didn’t know, rabbits love Fruit Loops cereal. That’s what the brightly colored shape is in front of the bunny in the photo above.
Back to street art: the image above left is an original Banksy in London. As I stated earlier… rounding a corner and BAM! A Banksy just staring back at you.
Note the thick plexi glass overlay protecting it. And what you can’t see are the cameras filming me as I film it. The image upper right is me working on a soft sculpture. As an artists I have always created design and mixed media work. There is always a nice push and pull between digital and other media in my work.